The end of this month brings us a day worthy of remembrance. October 31 commemorates what has become known as “Reformation Day.” Martin Luther’s nailing of his ninety-five theses to a church door on October 31, 1517 in Wittenburg, Germany, provoked a debate that resulted in what we now call the Protestant Reformation. This seemingly simple act continues to have an impact on the Church today.
As the “Father of the Reformation”, Martin Luther is a vital figure in Church history. His sacrifice and willingness to wage battle against the spiritual, religious, and political powers of his medieval world allowed Christians throughout time to embrace the truth of salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone as explained by Scripture alone. Author Danika Cooley has written Luther’s story for young people in her new book, When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther. I have been reading this aloud to all of the children and what an exciting story it is. From the first pages, we have been drawn in. Not only are we being entertained, but we are learning more about this interesting man and a fascinating time in history. It is not a book to be missed! I’ll be sharing our full review soon.
To celebrate Reformation Day and the release of When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther, I’ve joined together with a team of blogger friends to host this wonderful giveaway, valued at over $500!
One person will win ALL of the following:
- $100 Amazon Gift Card
- Fire 7inch Tablet, WiFi 8GB ($49.99)
- When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther (hardcover $16.99)
- a $50 Gift Certificate
From Nuremberg Tourist Board:
- Playmobil Martin Luther figure ($9.99)
From Thinking Kids Press, a curriculum bundle from When Lightning Struck! author, Danika Cooley:
- Cobblestone Path Church History Research
Journal: ;The Reformation Age (digital $20)
- Bible Road Trip Year Three Curriculum and all 3 Notebooking Journals
From Fortress Press, a book bundle by author, Tim Dowley:
- Christian Music: A Global History ($35)
- Introduction to the History of Christianity: Second Edition ($55)
- The Student Bible Atlas: Revised Edition ($12.99)
- Atlas of the European Reformations ($24)
From Home School Adventure Co.:
- Philosophy Adventure: PreSocratics (digital $39.95)
- Mere Christianity Critical Analysis Journal (digital $18.95)
To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway